Nowadays, people more and more ask themselves what is my passion? What is my mission in this life? Thus people just put lots pressure on themselves. I was like that, everyday instead of just enjoying life I kept on finding my passion, “my life way” until I saw an advice of a great motivational speaker Mel Robbins. I would like to share it with everyone with the hope that it can help someone to better understand him/herself.
“Passion – isn’t a person, place or a thing, it is the feeling of being energized. If you pursuing your passion it means you wake every day and you energized. Instead of asking yourself what’s my passion, ask what can I do today to be energized? What energizes me? If it is making money, figure out how to make money. If it is working on your body, figure out how to work on your body. It can be any shapes or form. And remember, passion=energy, is a resource which can be ended. Once you’ve been inspired of making money, but when you got this skill and it became a routing, your energy can disappear, and it is normal! What energized me today won’t necessarily energize me next week. When you realize that you can start to pursue new thing which energize you”.
As long as you doing thing which you like, energize you, make you feel joy, you can consider it as a following your own way.
But in our modern society sometimes it hard to find out what is your dream or you really would like to do. Because from everywhere you can hear how people earn money, but houses, build a family, and it seems to be a goal of every person and then you star following this as well. BUT it is necessarily what do you want right now, maybe you want to try live in different countries, then you don’t need to buy a house or maybe you still didn’t find out who you are and you want to know yourself better, so at this stage to have a family is also early for you. Then how to find your personal dream?
Setting your own goals
In the internet there are lots of exercise how to find out your own dreams, I would like to share with you one of them which helped me and my friends.
1. put a timer for 2 minutes and during this time write 10 of your biggest dreams, the main thing is to write what first comes to mind even if it is a desire like "I want my crocodile farm" - write it down.
2. Make a table as in the picture. It will have three columns of their title as follows: 1) ny dreams and goals for whole life 2) my dreams and goals for the next 5 years 3) my dreams and goals if I have 6 months to live. Each column will have 7 points.
3. For the first column you need to replay on following question. REMEMBER write what first came in your mind and as much as you want.
- What do I want to buy?
- What do I want to have?
- What do I want to do?
- Where do I what go?
- What do I want to see?
- what I want to share?
- who I want to be?
4. Then answer on same questions in column 2 and 3. It is okay, if some of your answers will be the same in different columns.
5. Then choose three the most important things in each column. You will have 9 things in total. You again can choose same things from different columns.
6. Last step. Choose three the most important things among 9. They are your real dreams!
7. Now you can compare the goals you wrote now with those in paragraph 1. It doesn’t mean that you have just those goals, but they are the most valuable for you.
Last word from me, nowadays we put ourselves in cage of thoughts, that something is impossible for us and we even wouldn’t try. This is a big MISTAKE, doesn’t matter how hard or impossible your dream seems to be, and doesn’t matter what others will say, it is your life. Do what YOU want to do to not regret one day. I decided to be brave in front of my dream, let’s be brave together!
About the blogger:
Masha is a Chinese Government scholarship student at Fudan University. She started her way of learning Chinese language from 2015 year, since she had enrolled in Moscow City University as a bachelor student in Oriental studies. After two years she got a Chinese Government scholarship and went to Zhejiang University for one-year language course. During that year she successfully passed HSK 5 and has been accepted by Fudan University. Now she started new page in her life in Shanghai, but she did not drop out at Moscow City University. So now she is a bachelor student at two universities.