2021 is the year of the Ox. This means that in 2022 we will be welcoming the Year of the Tiger! To celebrate this special occasion and to help you prepare a perfect surprise for family and friends, we have compiled a list of 8 different ways to greet people on Chinese New Year. Each of these ways is unique and completely different from one another.
These 3-5 word long greetings, some are traditional idioms, some are funny movie lines, some are good for family and friends, some are suitable for businessmen or students... Here we go!
2 瑞虎丰年 Ruì hǔ hfēng nián （Lucky Tiger brings you a good harvest！）
3. 如虎添翼 Rú hǔ tiān yì （Like a tiger with wings，even more powerful）
4. 虎啸祥瑞 Hǔ xiào xiáng ruì （Tiger roars and calls for a lucky New Year！）
5. 虎虎生风 Hǔ hǔ shēng fēng （To prosper with fury like a tiger and be successful in the Year of Tiger.）
6. 虎跃新程Hǔ yuè xīn chéng （Bless the new year, like a tiger jumping, leaping thousands of miles, and the future is bright）
7. 虎年行大运Hǔ nián xíng dà yùn （Wish you lots of luck for the Tiger year）
8. *爱老虎油 Ài lǎo hǔ yóu （I love you）
* Note：From the famous Hong Kong film "Once Upon a Time". Tiger oil is a traditional Chinese pain reliever, and “爱老虎油 Ài lǎo hǔ yóu” means like the pain reliever. But because the pronunciation is very similar to I love you in English, it becomes an indirect expression of love for you.
You can add these phrases before "新春快乐Xīn chūn kuài lè " （Happy Chinese New Year）to form longer Chinese New Year wishes. E.g “新春快乐，如虎添翼 Xīn chūn kuài lè，Rú hǔ tiān yì！“
So, that’s all from us. Be sure you’ve got your Lunar New Year wishes down, your red envelopes stuffed, the TV powered up and you’re ready to go!